Monday, February 21, 2011

My Personal Planner/Home Journal

I think I am ready to take the plunge. I am starting a Personal Planner/Home Journal or whatever you want to call it. I am not really a pencil to paper gal, so we shall see how it goes. So I bought my binder. First steps first, right? Then I set out to find some printables that would be relevant to the tabs I plan to have in my journal. There are so many great resources out there for free! I printed and organized the pages, carefully hole-punched the freshly inked paper, and put the binder together. Talk to me in a month and ask me how the binder is working out. I plan to use it as a way to declutter my brain of all the things I often forget because they haven't been written down. A special thanks to Danielle who had a great post about building her own planner and where to find some amazing printables.


The cover and my tabs. 
I have Daily, Monthly, Laundry List/Goals, Grocery, Medical, $pending, Misc., and Tips & Notes.

I spent $4 on this total. I bought the binder and had everything else I needed to make it. I printed in B&W because my printer eats color cartridges and they are so expensive. I'm sure I will find other things I want to add, things I might not use, and modify it a bit, but for now it looks like a great start. I told my son's grandma that it will be a communication log as well, she can leave me notes on the daily page if she needs to.

I am so excited to share this with you all. I talked to my boyfriend tonight and told him some of the things I have been doing, not in great detail mind you, but enough to let him know that I have been on this decluttering kick in preparation for when we move in together. I told him of all the wonderful advice I had found from all of these blogs, books, and magazines. I think he's got the itch. He told me that he puts it off because it is overwhelming. I am ready to help him with some of the info I have gotten to help him purge and declutter so that we can both become organized individuals together. How awesome is that?!

1 comment:

  1. Your planner is so cute and I love the communication log idea! I'm glad my post was helpful for you in getting this started.

    ReplyDelete