Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunglass Solution- I made it!

I have quite a few pairs of sunglasses that are much like my jewelery. Unless they are out in the open, I will probably wear the same pair everyday, even though I really want to switch them out for a better match to my outfit. While I was thinking of options, my mind fluttered to the sunglass displays at my work. I am not about to go buy one, but could it be that hard to make? I set out to make one of my own. I used a side-wing poster from work that was going to be thrown away. You could also use cardboard covered in wrapping paper or something similar for visual appeal. I measured the racks at the store and came up with a prototype.

I marked out my measurements on the back of the poster (had to modify it down just a touch, but gave the correct measurements listed on my design). Then I cut out the holes, and filled it with sunglasses. I was at work and these do not belong to me but I haven't taken more pictures. I have a place for 6 pairs of sunglasses on my poster.

 If you make a sunglasses holder off of my design, please show me a picture of your final product, I would love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment